Will Life Ever be The Same Again? March 21, 2020

Well we’re  here 2020 finally arrived, the Roaring 20s is back again, lots of reason to celebrate right?!? Everyone was excited to leave the last decade behind, it seemed like clean slate for us all but the universe had other things in mind. I lot of people got sick at the end of 2019, I did as well, I was sick for almost 2 months with a  flu-like illness. It seemed to hit people like a ton of bricks. A few weeks later there was news of a mysterious illness that was hitting people in Wuhan China, and those of us who in other parts of the world had a false sense of security that it would get to far. In typical piscean fashion, I was worried from the start. I knew something was wrong and I watched the news as the numbers kept rising, before we knew it thousands of people were falling ill and dying. Unfortunately the borders didn’t close, people weren’t held back or quarantined. The virus kept raging on! It was called Novel Coronavirus but since it’s not the first one, it would soon be known as Covid-19.
Coronavirus Covid19 Stats

 I am writing this smack dab in the middle of this huge crisis and it’s reached North America, the USA has been hit very hard, thousands of people have been affected. In Canada it’s been hundreds close to thousands now we’ve been in quarantined for about a week, schools are closed and life as we knew it has changed and we don’t know for how long.
We have since learned that the virus can be contracted by touching infected surfaces and affected persons,  it’s airborne, so now we’re practicing Social Distancing. If we go out were only if we really need to,  if we’re buying food or work in essential services. We are supposed to stay at least 2 m away from people (unless we live in the same house) So here we are the end of March Break, school kids have two extra weeks to stay home because it’s not safe for them and most parents fear the school year might be over. Its for the best because we don’t want our children getting it and spreading it to other people who might be vulnerable or immuno compromised. Most workplaces have shut down till further notice and as of today over 500,000 people have applied for EI(Employment Insurance) with no way of knowing if they will have a company to get back to or if the city can recover from this crisis.

So in the midst of this chaos and uncertainty, some good things have been happening in the city.
There’s been an outpouring of kindness and compassion because for once at least my memory almost everyone is on the same playing field. Those who had a false security are scared, wondering how much longer it’s going to last. People having been panic buying so toilet paper is a hot ticket commodity. Toilet paper is something I don’t usually freak out over, I mean I can always get it at a store or another store.  I’ve never really had to go to more than one store to get it. Toilet paper, flour, rice and certain frozen items have been difficult to find and with that social distancing and my chronic health issues I don’t necessarily want to be out there hunting for these things and risking my health and my children’s health and my mothers health who is now a senior.



Venturing to No Frills to empty Toilet Paper shelves

Posing for CBC , Now or Never

Just realized it was the 2nd day of Spring :)


I wanted to write this now because I don’t know what’s going to happen tomorrow or next week or next month or next year and this virus is running around rampant is taking thousands of lives in China in Italy in parts of Europe and spreading all over the world so I hope that whatever happens people remember the kindness that was shared the compassion and empathy the generosity and never forget that’s what makes us human and that will bring us together. We will get through this. ❤️

Comments

Popular Posts