"You don't look sick" and Advocacy

"You can't be sick, you look good!"
 If I looked and presented myself like I felt every day I would probably be accused of looking for sympathy.... don't want it! As I have advocated over the years about chronic illness /invisible illness and mental illness awareness, I've made myself vulnerable to help others see that they aren't alone. I expose it because some are suffering in silence and not allowed to express themselves in a safe space.

This is why people around you are crumbling and you don't even know it! The tremendous pressure to be on at all times..or risk becoming a burden or shunned.
I get up dress up show up for me it's my way of showing myself that I made it to another day..it took a tremendous amount of spiritual and emotional energy to get there...I barely made it. Mental health issues can be like pit that some never make out of alive ...many are struggling or just one crisis away from spiraling again.
So before we judge someone for having it all together.. just know that many people are barely holding on the edge trying not to fall 🌸
#spoonie #mentalhealth #chronicillness #invisibleillness #getupshowup #whatyoudontsee #depression #anotherday  #anxiety #functional #functionallyfallingapart #talkaboutit

Comments

Popular Posts