Freedom


Im free
No listen!
there may be chains that bind me
but I am

Free
Ive made a decision 
to fly
 in the dark
in my tears
my fears
my doubts
my trembling
my hurt
my rejection
In all my seasons 
I will never cease
to find joy
I'll fly

Free
when the rain pours down
from this here crown
ebbing to my toes
dripping off this thick nose
naked and shivering 
like a babe Im posed
In the darkest night
I will take flight and be

 Free
dreams of romance I lay
barefoot on the grass
watching swans do their dance
tears fall reminiscing of that chance
tracing clouds with my fingertips
inhaling moments of eternal bliss
 till I shake

 Free
of these scars
within these walls
I stumble and fall
fear evokes me 
eager to choke me
 encircle and poke me till I break

Free
For its the mind that binds
though my soul years to unwind
by still waters I find
calming shores I yearn to breathe

Free
of shackles I find in 
this prison of mind
scream and shout 
no longer bind
Soul finally unwinds
Im set

Free








Comments

Popular Posts