Imperfectly Perfect by God's Design

Feeling not so perfect?  Been put because of how you look? You aren't alone and the problem isint you, its the perception of beauty we have been fed all our lives...the perception that we have to fit into an unrealistic standard of beauty that only few will ever achieve, not only that they will achieve it for a limited amount of time, unless aided by cosmetic procedures.

We werent meant to be perfect by society's standards. We are meant to shine as individuals. No one in the world is exactly like you.. even if you are a multiple there will be differences. Ive always had an affinity for those who are different, act different and look different. I much rather striking then the norm, but thats just me.

The other day, something as simple as a friend, touching my arm and asking  "Why is your skin so soft!?!" drew me deeper in gratitude for my maker. My friend didn't know she was speaking into my life....

 If you knew how God healed my broken body and spirit... During my battle with autoimmune illness and Psoriasis (which isin't just bad skin by the way, its affects the inside of the body as well as the outside.. what you don't see is the persons discomfort, aches and pain) I couldn't sleep or relax for barely a moment: duration 3 years straight, suddenly out of the blue. I never had a skin problem in my entire life before this! My skin was what some may call perfect, but I always had it and took it for granted.
They say there is no testimony without a test! That was only part of mine."We have this treasure in jars of clay..." is my favourite Bible verse and is tattooed on my upper back. Since it's not always visible, God gave me an outward sign, my hair, a sign in which, I can't ever run from or deny anymore. Through my ordeal I've became hypersensitive to specific foreign substances on my body, but especially on my scalp. Ive been advised to by the medical profession to abstain from hair dyes. I refuse to dye my hair any longer, please don't give me any solutions or natural remedies, I love my hair!! Not realizing the God given pattern or stripe covered all these years, It was blatantly apparent when I was forced to cease the use of dyes. It was split exactly down the middle, black and white hair!! I firmly believe because of the trauma I underwent the stripe became more intense. Where it's brightest is where I had the most suffering. So when others see it', it's something that makes them, stare, question, wonder and call it a miracle. Some say I'm touched by an angel... but to me it's a reminder of all Ive been through and my deliverance. I know that God is with me, was always with me in my isolation the tears, pain and has carried me though to this peaceful season. Not only did I heal on my scalp and total body but Ive healed in my spirit. So this skin which now appears perfect and baby soft is only token of what has happened to me on the inside. This jar of clay is only temporary... the soul is eternal! My joy comes from the Lord!
I am hoping that you who are feeling down and like a misfit will cast your doubts aside and learn to embrace all that you are, you are impefectly perfect...remember that.. There's no one like you because there is no one meant to be you, but you.


Signed,

 Imperfectly perfect by God's Design.


Comments

Popular Posts