The Case of Grey

I remember when I was younger and I saw my mom's grey hair popping! I fell in love with it. Grey hair shows up pretty early in my family, mine started at age 21. At first I was ok with it because it was right on the crown of my head. My grey began to spread and like most ladies, I began to cover it with hair dye.
The colouring went on for many years until I was diagnised with Psoriasis.

 I became extremly sensitive to dyes and I eventually gave it up. Grey is a sign of aging, and culturally in North America, aging isint embraced. Its something a woman doesnt want to be reminded of.
At the same time bright bold colours became all the rage and that made it even more depressing for me. I love purple and I would have been first in line to wear it boldly!

Many people offered advice all well meaning, but if they knew what I went through when something adverse touched my scalp they would treat the word dye like a cuss word and not say it around me. Since I know the average person is clueless to my burden, I remind them I was advised not to colour it by health professionals, they hum and ha with sympathy and its ok because Ive decided to rock it!

I rock it with everything in me, unapologetic with that same brazen rebel mentality Ive had since teenage. Oh yes its me Im grey and nah I dont care who doesnt like it. I gotta look out for my health first.

I mean that all natural Cruella streak down the middle is pretty EPIC if I dont say so myself! :)





Comments

Popular Posts