The Tale of the Miserable Black Woman

This post may offend some especially if you are a miserable black woman! If you read it through you may see the message Im sending....maybe.


I'm speaking within the limits of my chocolateness aka blackness and I have nuff!!

The Tale of the Miserable Black Woman

you are a miserable black women

you scrunch up your face when things don't go your way

you are brash and bossy

you are always right


you don't need Nobody!

you cant tell me Nothing!

you back bite and back stab as your friends step off

you cant do any wrong

after years of aches ammunition is in your core

you rant and rave cause

you cant take it no more

everything and everyone is an opportunity to offend

your pride is your territory you'll fight to defend

Where has this gotten you?


alone

scared

bitter

jealous

feared

misunderstood

undervalued

disrespected

masking the pain inside

so deeply

that you are untouchable...




So its time to right the wrongs of years gone by for I know a tale of victory...

The Tale of the Victorious Black Woman

a tale where we are known for our graciousness and gratitude

for our gentleness and meek attitude

uplifting words and sparkling smiles

a listening ear and a brilliant mind

warm hearts with compassion

sincerity is always in fashion

adoring husbands, children, family and friends

with loyalty like diamonds that endures to the end

arms extended and ready to heal

Christs love brimming over you with gifts to reveal

Your presence welcomed encouraged to stay

the tales of years gone by have drifted away....

Time to exchange the old for the new, one step at a time, its simple and true.

Slowly but surely the ice starts to melt and even so pain will be felt!

No easy road I assure of this but as you change it will be impossible to miss!

The years will erase the burdens will flee for as you may have guessed that woman was ME....

Peace xo ;)



Comments

Tasha said…
This was absolutely beautiful, Gail. I truly respect your raw honesty and vulnerability. It makes you so strong and so beautiful in the Lord. What an incredible testimony your life has been and continues to be. I am so grateful to have you as a friend! Love always, Tasha
Cammydoll said…
Thanks Tash, this was in part a testimony and in part a collective of other black women I met or complaints I heard from others about black women and of course stereotypes. I never knew what 'attitude' was until I turned on the TV screen and it was thrown in my face day after day. I believe that a lot of women absorbed it and have been programmed by the media in part to destroy the black family unit. If we behave in a way that is not feminine, attractive, submissive, the men will run from us and its mission accomplished. Women are alone and confussed wondering what they did wrong....I believe its been passed on and the cycle needs to end! Through my reletionship with Christ I have been healed deeply. The message is universal but I happen to be black so you know how it goes...

Popular Posts