Right In Front of You...

We seek and search for answers, direction and even for mates. Sometimes its right there in front our faces! Im beginning to realize this more and more. We often make life much more complicated than it really is. I know I have...

Im going to focus on potential mates for this post. I have the long of list of specs, how where when and why down to the last iota. If its off by a smidgen I refuse it out right...
because I have settled before and I am not going to settle again!!!! Sound famliar???? Do I know what I may have missed? The opportunities that were sitting in my very lap?
This was wrong that was wrong, they werent this or that and it was game over I cannot proceed. Im a firm believer that I need to be attracted to the person I intend to spend your life with BUT hmmm last time I checked I wasn't perfect, I am not the epitome of perfection Hellooo? I am a recovered hopeless romantic oh I kissed a few toads in the past :o because I Loooooooved him! Over time I snapped out of it and became more rigid and much more selective... Problem is I became selective about the wrong things now that my eyes have been opened as a Christian and wow how could I have been so blind...

I not superficial, I don't run after a money man with the hot car, that doesn't factor out to me when it comes to men. I must admit I have boxed myself in a bit with liking certain types due to past experience. I have long since abandoned the bad boy image and traded it in for the nice guy. Now that Im more mature I see how silly any of those notions are. People aren't just types, we have ups and down and moods. All these types can easily be wrapped into one package with a big fat shiny bow on any given day. Being attracted to types is a dangerous thing! I no longer see men with that lens..

Values are so important, personality, maturity, character, how they treat women, children people, are they respectful, what is important to the person, what are their priorities, their hopes, dreams, aspirations. Are they passive are they bold are they quiet or outgoing, what are their expections in a relationship, a marriage, for family life? As you can see none of these things have to do with whats on the outside. The most important thing is their walk with God, their intense love reationship with him is above all else the most important factor. With everyone our walk with God has its ups and downs. If they continually pick themselves up and never quit, get back into the word pray without ceasing and have a hunger and thirst for righteousness it will get them through the roughest storms. He needs to be rock solid in order to run a household and to deal with me LoL... :)

Its not that I didnt know these things but recently the truths and principles, many of which I've read about especially in the book of Proverbs are ringing true very loud and very clear. If you are going to love someone you have to love them deeply from the inside out. Looks fade, they change over the years and what you are left with are the deepest most intimate inner makings of the person. So what is it going to be? What will you be left with? I am taking this very seriously and my opinions are changing accordingly.

Thank you Lord for teaching me this lesson!

Comments

Popular Posts