My child my precious gift!!

My son has a photographic memory. I discovered this a couple years ago when I found he had remembered bus routes I had been on, days, weeks and months later. Many times we went on the bus one time and he just filed it in his mental rolodex as I call the brain LoL. He remembered specific busses we had been on, where we went and what we did. He would know how to get from my house to downtown or even across town by memory. I didnt experiment on his ability to go and come back because he's too young to travel by himself, but I knew if he needed to navigate his way through the subway system it would have been easy.
One day I was at the library and oops mommy forgot his library card. I told him and he said "Don't worry mommy I know the number" tap tap tap he started typing it in. My jaw was on the floor! He just typed it in as if the card was right in front of him. At this time he wasnt diagnosed with aspergers and he hadnt been tested as gifted. I knew something was up. Its a long story for another time but this past weekend he discovered MS paint on my computer lol so off he went and started fooling around with it. This is what he drew by hand on my laptop computer after his first time using paint! He had no photo reference of the characters he drew it was all by memory. I was impressed. Hes age 9 by the way. What do you think?



Comments

Popular Posts