Playing With Your Grey

I've been told I wear the right colours, for my skin tone and hair.. People will say I glow or look right up at my streak because I subconsciously direct them there.  I actually chose colours to compliment my grey on purpose, though purple, silver and black have always been my favourite colours  :)



I'll tell you why it's pretty natural to me, I worked 5 years in a retail store dressing women! Im an artist, so I live for colour! I'm very VISUAL I also play with makeup. I'm pretty simple when it comes to makeup because I am perfectly comfy without it, if I'm wearing makeup it's gotta look clean and fresh.



Some tips
If you are wearing something and you get compliments it's probably a good shade for you...many of us need to adjust our wardrobes a bit especially if our new shade is way different from our old shade. You don't have to throw your clothes away, you can use scarves, accessories and makeup to bring attention to your face..scarves are amazing for this. Earrings and necklaces can enhance your features too.




Acessorize more
I am wearing more rings earrings and hair accessories, it's a pick me up and I feel more pretty and interesting wearing more expressions of myself!


Be on Top of Your Game!
This is not the time for you to let yourself go, why should you? Whether you get spa treatments at home or at your favourite salon, keep up with it! Don't lose that sparkle that goes with that fresh shiny silver you got going on!


Skin Care
If you are going grey chances are you are dealing with changes in your skin as well. Hydrate more by drinking the right amount of water per day , eat more lean green and clean if you aren't already. Ask your doctor if you need vitamins, many of us need more or different doses as we age.



Positive In Positive Out
If you want to reflect good energy you need to be thinking, living and breathing it! Beauty comes from within , I am a witness to this! I have a sunny side up type of personality, but its a choice as well. I choose to be happy even if circumstances around me aren't so peachy. Stress causes internal turmoil and I simply cannot afford to live in the dumps anymore nor should you!





Enjoy the Process
Aging is a gift not everyone gets a chance to open. Going grey was traumatic for me , it took me a solid year to be comfortable showing my " granny hair" in my 40s.. I didn't expect to have this much grey till my 70s,  but nature is beautiful because no matter what shade of silver you get its always complimentary to your skin..nature is grand God makes no mistakes!!



Comments

Popular Posts