Plus Girl In My Heart

Im way ahead of schedule a whole year actually.  I am now wearing size 1X  down from 3X less than a year l and my new size is loose. Don't bother tell me its only a number and it doesn't matter, I've been plus size my whole adult life when clothes were boxy, ugly and no fun at all! I been in the trenches, I heard it all" if you just don't eat", " you eat too much" " you can't get a man at that size"  all was untrue, I wasn't eating enough, Guess what? Im eating more now and honey, finding a man as a plus size girl is way easier than you think! We have to beat them off with a stick! ( and a prayer)
This is a very emotional moment for me. I've struggled since age 13 and tried everything under the sun to get my weight under control. I've learned to love the skin I'm in years ago. Proudly eat my food in front of people in the malls without wondering if they are judging me. Why was it everyone's business? Why all this unsolicited advice on my struggle, and would they just shut up and let me be me?
When people think we don't have it together when you are fat, it's something considered to be a flaw in society, a flaw that shows outwardly , they take license to point it out and judge. I wouldn't say to someone, "oh your skin is so bad it's must be your diet!"  I wouldn't take their food from them in the food court and throw it in the garbage, I wouldn't shame them. We have a long way to go in society.

As I am enjoying my weight loss Im doing much reflection. I will always be a plus girl at heart. Its molds me, it forced me to go beyond the superficial, to build my character,  to have a personality becauae looks wasnt always going to cut it!  These days girls can be big and proud but when I was growing up we were hidden and shamed. Not that fat shaming doesn't exist, it's still a problem, the big girls just aren't taking it anymore. We had to do our own thing, make our own parties, shops and magazines. We had to celebrate ourselves unapologetically to be taken seriously.  I had to find my confidence my own way and I surely did. It made me a rebel at heart. Meaning I didn't rely on the affirmation of others. I didnt do things for their approval. I didnt apologize for my size. If you didnt like me you could step off and I'd still be strutting. Its the same with my grey hair. Dont like it see ya! Seems like when I finally got this loving myself thing down pat, the new journey began!

To the plus size hotties out there keep showing em how beautiful you are, I love you all!!  Look out regular size world here I come to invade your world and teach you a thing or to about being happy at any size! Don't worry I'm keeping my curves :)

Comments

Popular Posts